HISTORICAL INTRODUCTION OF DISTRICT BULANDSHAHR
The history of Bulandshahr begins even before 1200 B.C. This region is nearer to the capital of Pandavas - Indraprasth and Hastinapur. After of decline of Hastinapur, Ahar which is situated in the north east of ditrict Bulandshahr became an important place for Pnadavas. With passes of time the king Parma made a fort on this part of region and a king named Ahibaran laid the foundation of a tower called Baran(Bulandshahr). Since it was perched on a highland it came to be known as highcity which was translated into passion language as Bulandshahr. At present this is called by this name.
The ancient ruins found at places Bhatora Veerpur, Ghalibpur etc. are symbolicof antiquity of Bulandshahr. There are several other important places in the District from where statues of medieval age and objects of ancient temples had been founded. Even today several historical and ancients objects such as coins, inscriptions etc. are preserved in Lucknow State Museum .
FIRST WAR OF INDEPENDENCE IN 1857
In 1857 during the first want of independence even Bulandshahr could not remain a lot by the popular explosion against the British rule. One message of resolution was carried from Aligarh by Pandit Narayan Sharma on 10th May 1857 to Bulandshahr.
The first popular alarm of feeedom struggle was sorunded in the bulandshahr district by the nationalist, brave. The gurjaras of Dadri and Sikandrabad area begain distruction of inspection bunglows telegraph offices and government buildings as they were symbols of foreign rule.
The government institutions were looteed and burned to ashes.
CIEOGRAPHICAL SITUATION OF DISTRICT BULANDSHAHR
The District of bulandshahr is in Meerut region of Utter Pradesh located between Ganga and Yamuna rivers. This is situated between 28.4 0 south and 28.0 0 north latitude and between 77.0 0 and 78.0 0 longitude.
The District is about 84 km in length and 62 km is breadth. The district is 237.44 meters above sea level.
The river ganga is the east separates this District from Moradabad and Badaun district and in the west river Yamuna separates the district from haryana state and Delhi. In the north of district is Ghaziabad and in south east are the borders of Aligarh district.